Saturday, December 18, 2010

Alternatives to Special Occasion Glass Ornaments



Okay, I know people really like glass ornaments to commemorate special events. My mom was able to keep my Baby's First Christmas Ornament until a couple of years ago when it was dropped (by my sister no less) and shattered into a million little unrecognizable pieces). I was a little sad, but my mom was really sad. I have friends who have bought glass ornaments for their kids birthdays or for their first Christmas as a couple only to have them break at some point.

Please to alleviate this pain, go for an unbreakable ornament. Sure I ordered an "Our First Christmas" ornament with our names and wedding date engraved on it. We had only been married for a couple of months so we were still newlyweds. I went the pewter route. It's nice and heavy. It's nice to know it will always stay in one piece because I know it won't shatter. Next year for my daughter's first Christmas I may go the pewter route again.

Or we can try these:


  • A small ornament made out of felt with embroidery or applique
  • A wallet sized frame (yes they make those) or even a little wooden decorative piece you can buy from a craft store. Paint it and put a picture in it. 
  • For a Baby's First Christmas ornament, you can take a Lovey and applique or stencil a Christmas tree on it
Can you think of ways to make special ornaments out of unbreakable objects? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels

coat rack (1) door (1) hanger (1)